Sunday, February 22, 2009

Crab Rangoons


Crab Salad (inside)

This could also be used as a crab salad for dips with celery, cucumber slices, etc

4 oz cream cheese (softened)
(400 cals,4 carbs, 0 fiber, 4 net carbs)
1 T mayo
(90 cals,0 carbs, 0 fiber, 0 net carbs)
3 oz of can crab meat (drained)
(45 cals, 1.5 carbs,0 fiber, 0 net carbs)
2 green onions
( 10 cals, 2.2 carbs, 0.8 fiber, 1.4 net carbs)
1 T Worcestershire sauce
( 15 cals, 3 carbs, 0 fiber, 3 net carbs)
salt (to taste)
pepper (to taste)
garlic powder (to taste)
1/2 pk equal (or sweetener of choice)

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Wonton Wrappers

This Recipe came from Jamie Van Eaton from -->HERE
(Thanks Harry for helping me find this recipe.)

1 egg (72 cals, 0.4 carbs, 0 fiber, 0.4 net carbs)
3/4 tsp salt
1 cup soy flour (320 cal, 40 carbs, 28 fiber, 12 net carbs )
1/8-1/4 cup water, as needed

Lightly beat egg in bowl with salt. Add 1/8 cup water.

In the center of a flour well in a bowl, add the liquids, and stir in ingredients. Add water as needed. If the dough is still too dry, continue to add small amounts of water until dough is able to be handled.

Form the dough in a ball and knead. Cover and let rest for 15 minutes.

On a lightly-floured board, roll out dough into thin sheets and cut into 3 1/2" squares. These can be refrigerated or frozen and used later if lightly dusted with soy flour prior to storing.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got 10 Rangoon out of this recipe. (3 didn't make it in the picture)

Calories = 952 /10 = 95.2

carbs = 50.7 / 10 = 5.07

fiber = 28.8 / 10 = 2.9

net carbs = 21.9 / 10 = 2.2



6 comments:

~Oct said...

yum! I feel like I've discovered a new treasure ... I don't think I've visited your menu site before, only your other blog. Bookmarking this now too. :)

bayoubabe said...

Down south here , we'd use REAL crab meat, crab CLAW to be exact. Sounds like a great dish :)
Looks yummy.

NewVision said...

Thanks October,
This recipe has a lot of fiber and makes you feel full for a LONG time. LOL This site started out as a recipe site, then I just keep adding other fun stuff.

Bayoubabe,
I've never tasted fresh crab. Yum

Thanks for stopping by gals.

bayoubabe said...

NEVER tasted fresh crab ? That's like a guy saying he never tasted a beer ?? LOL

You have to find a restaurant nearby that serves fresh crab... come on now ! Whats your ZIp code, i'll find a place for ya !

bayoubabe said...

btw how come it wont let us follow our recipe site ? I want to follow it, like I do your blog, but I do not see WHERE to 'follow' Please advise.

bay

NewVision said...

I never put a followers block up on this site, I guess I didn't think about anyone wanting to follow it......Hmmmmmmmm