Sunday, March 29, 2009

Brownies


Got this recipe from Healthy Indulgences.

*Everything written in BLUE I added*

Simple Cocoa Brownies

Yields 10-12 brownies (I got 12 out of this)

Ingredients:
1/2 cup organic unsalted butter (1 stick) (800 cals) [0 carbs, 0 fiber]
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa (120 cals) [16 carbs, 16 fiber]
2 large organic eggs (143 cals)[0.8 carbs]
1/2 cup erythritol (**I used 18 packages) (0 cals) [90 carbs, 90 Sugar Alcohols]
1/4 cup organic heavy cream (200 cals) [0 carbs]
1/4 teaspoon good-tasting pure stevia extract (NuNaturals) (0 cals) [0 carbs]
1 tsp pure vanilla extract(12 cals)[0.5 carbs]
1/8 teaspoon sea salt (0 cals) [0 carbs]
1/4 cup Almond Flour (160 cals) [6 carbs, 3 fiber]
1/4 cup
Oat flour(90 cals)[15 carbs, 3 fiber]
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (392 cals)[8.2 carbs, 4 fiber ]

Preparation:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Melt butter and cocoa together and stir until smooth. Whisk in eggs and erythritol. Pour cream in, whisking for a minute or two to dissolve all of the erythritol. Add in remaining ingredients, reserving nuts to stir in last. Pour batter into silicone muffins cups or an 8 by 8 inch pan lined with parchment or greased aluminum foil. Bake for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool COMPLETELY before cutting and serving. These brownies are at their BEST after letting them sit overnight. They're yummy and fudgy straight from the refrigerator.

Calories per brownie =159.7
Total carbs per brownie= 11.4

Total fiber per brownie=2.2
Total Sugar Alcohols per brownie = 7.5

Total net carbs per brownie=1.7

**These were really, really good. I will be making these again. :)

Update 04-01-09
-Okay I updated this a little. I rearranged ingredients so they were in the order that you put them in the recipe. I also figured up the sugar alcohols per brownie as I know some people do not subtract them. Made another batch tonight. These are SOO good!!!

2 comments:

Low Carber said...

okay I will be buying some e-tol so I can make these.. will report back as my last two attempts a LC baking were..YUCK LOL

thanks for posting

NewVision said...

I was very surprised with these. My Son, Son's best friend, hubby, MIL and FIL all tried these and thought they were good.
I used the packages of e-tol and thought I used too much at first, I tasted the batter before it was baked. But after it was done, not as sweet tasting as the raw batter. (Just in case your a raw batter taster too)
The original plan was to make a cream cheese frosting, but they are great all by themselves. :)
Can't wait to see how you do and what you think. :)